ASIST Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (2 days): A skills building workshop that prepares caregivers to provide suicide first aid interventions.
The key objectives for you to learn to
- To consider personal and societal attitudes to suicide
- To learn the most widely used suicide prevention model in the world
- To recognise, and act on, the signs that someone is having thoughts of suicide
- To seek a shared understanding of the reasons for thoughts of suicide and identify reasons for living
- To review current risk and develop a joint plan to keep someone safe from suicide, signposting for further help and community resources as needed.
Delivery Time: 2 days, starting at 9am sharp each day and finishing no later than 5pm.
Training Address: Aston Student Union, 8 Coleshill street, Birmingham. B4 7BX
Start Date: 06th December 2023 - 9:00 AM
End Date: 07th December 2023 - 5:00 PM