*Once booked, you should receive a confirmation email within 24 hours. You will receive detailed pre course information after registration closes – if you do not receive this email by Monday 11th July, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.*
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
Date: Wednesday 20th and Thursday 21st July 2022
Time: 9:00am-17:00pm both days
Please be aware you must attend both days in full to complete the course.
Venue: Make UK Technology Hub, Nobel Wy., Birmingham, B6 7EP
Cost: £180 per person, including lunch and refreshments both days
Registration deadline: 9am on Wednesday 6th July
Key learning objectives:
- To consider personal and societal attitudes to suicide
- To learn the most widely used suicide prevention model in the world
- To recognise, and act on, the signs that someone is having thoughts of suicide
- To seek a shared understanding of the reasons for thoughts of suicide and identify reasons for living
- To review current risk and develop a joint plan to keep someone safe from suicide, signposting for further help and community resources as needed.