ASIST Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (2 days): A skills building workshop that prepares caregivers to provide suicide first aid interventions.
The key objectives for you to learn to
- To consider personal and societal attitudes to suicide
- To learn the most widely used suicide prevention model in the world
- To recognise, and act on, the signs that someone is having thoughts of suicide
- To seek a shared understanding of the reasons for thoughts of suicide and identify reasons for living
- To review current risk and develop a joint plan to keep someone safe from suicide, signposting for further help and community resources as needed.