April 1st marks the start of Stress Awareness Month, so why not take a moment to unwind. According to the Mental Health Foundation, over 74% of the UK population has experienced stress in one form of another over the past year.
We believe that a little self-care can go a long way to combat the physical and mental effects of stress. Whether that’s a stroll in the sunshine, a zoom brew with a mate or a sing in the shower, whatever you do to shake off stress, find some time to switch off and unwind.
Here at PAPYRUS, we have created a 30-day challenge for the month of April, to encourage you to check in with yourself and practice a little self-care every day. Self-care is a really effective way of lowering stress levels, and it’s a great way to appreciate the things around you and figure out what you’re grateful for.
Share your self-care journey on social media with the hashtag #30DaysOfSelfCare and let us know how you’re getting on…
30 days of self-care:
1. Write down 3 things you are grateful for.
2. Get an early night’s sleep.
3. Talk about how you are feeling.
4. Have a relaxing lie in – you deserve it!
5. Make your favourite breakfast.
6. Plan a trip to look forward to.
7. Try a 15 minute mindful meditation.
8. Find a new podcast to enjoy.
9. Have a calming bath or shower.
10. Create something: draw, paint or sew.
11. Get outside and enjoy the fresh air.
12. Decorate your space with positive affirmations.
13. Do 30 minutes of cardio exercise.
14. Watch your favourite film.
15. Take some time to tidy around your space.
16. Listen to your favourite songs.
17. Read for an hour before bed.
19. Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water.
20. Practice some deep breathing exercises.
21. Cook your favourite meal.
22. Get your hands dirty and plant something.
23. Perform a random act of kindness.
24. Start learning a new skill.
25. Limit your social media today.
26. Create a relaxing playlist for yourself.
27. Treat yourself to something you enjoy.
28. Put your favourite outfit on.
29. Put fresh sheets on your bed.
30. Write down 3 things that have helped you this month and repeat.
Download the Self Care Calendar for yourself and follow along on social media using the hashtag #30DaysOfSelfCare. We’ll also be giving you a demonstration of each activity in action over on our Instagram Stories – why not try it yourself?
Don’t stress in silence, we’re here for you. If you’re aged 35 or under, and experiencing thought of suicide, call HOPELINEUK on 0800 068 4141, text 07860 039967 or email email@example.com Our suicide prevention advisers are available from 9am to midnight, every day of the year. We are also here for anybody concerned for a young person who might be experiencing thoughts of suicide.