Text- only version below, translatable via the dropdown menu at the top of the screen.
Suicide is everybody’s business and only by engaging everyone can a community become suicide-safer.
We have designed a suite of suicide prevention products to suit different needs and audiences with additional content from LivingWorks education.
Our training can be delivered directly to your organisation, group or workplace. Alternatively, you can attend a PAPYRUS organised workshop. These are all delivered across the UK.
Below is an illustration of the training we currently offer.
SUICIDE PREVENTION AWARENESS, RESOURCES, AND KNOWLEDGE PRESENTATION
An introduction to suicide prevention. The key objectives are:
- To raise awareness of suicide and suicide prevention.
- To promote PAPYRUS – what we do, how you can help and how we can help you.
- To develop HOPE for a suicide-safer community.
- To understand the importance of self-care.
Delivery time is 30 minutes.
SUICIDE PREVENTION OVERVIEW TRAINING
What everyone needs to know. The key objectives are:
- To become more aware of the prevalence of suicide.
- To examine personal and societal beliefs around suicide.
- To understand PAPYRUS beliefs around suicide.
- To consider how we can all contribute to a suicide-safer community.
Training time is 90 minutes.
SUICIDE PREVENTION EXPLORE, ASK, KEEP-SAFE
An introduction to suicide prevention skills. The key objectives are:
- To recognise the ‘signs’ that may indicate someone is having thoughts of suicide.
- To talk openly about suicide with that person and how we ask about those thoughts.
- To understand how to listen to someone talking about suicide – and why that’s important.
- To support a safety plan with someone thinking of suicide.
Training time is 3.5 hours.
APPLIED SUICIDE INTERVENTION SKILLS TRAINING
Suicide first aid – how to help someone to save their own life. The key objectives are:
- Consider personal and societal attitudes to suicide.
- Enable you to spot the signs that someone may be having thoughts of suicide and engage them in a safe, appropriate and non-judgemental way.
- Seek a shared understanding of the reasons for thoughts of suicide and identify reasons for living.
- Review current risk and develop a joint plan to keep someone safe from suicide.
- Follow-up on all safety commitments, signposting for further help and community resources as needed.
Training time is two days.
To book a place on one of our workshops please visit our website at: www.papyrus-uk.org
To organise a presentation or training please email email@example.com or call 01925 572 444.
Please note our cancellation policy which can be found at: www.papyrus-uk.org