Parachute for PAPYRUS
Join PAPYRUS on 22nd April 2023 for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and our biggest ever dedicated skydive day!
Experience the thrill of jumping from 11,000 feet and free-falling at over 120mph in a sponsored tandem skydive to help prevent young suicide.
We have four exciting locations lined up so as many of you can join us as possible.
- Black Knights, Lancaster, LA2 0DY
- Hinton Airfield, Brackley, NN13 5NS
- Swansea Airfield, Swansea, SA2 7JU
- Strathallan Airfield, Auchterarder, PH3 1LA
What do I need to do?
You will need to pay a £40 non-refundable registration fee when you register. We will then send you out a welcome pack and be on hand with plenty of fundraising ideas and support to help you hit the minimum fundraising target
Points to remember:
- Jump and training completed in one day
- Harnessed to an experienced parachute instructor at all times
- Jump from at least 11,000 ft – just like the professionals
- Freefall down to 5,000 ft – falling through the air at 120 mph!
- Ride the parachute down to the ground
- Landing controlled by your instructor
- Certificate to prove that you have completed a ‘two-mile high’ Tandem Skydive!
Parachute for PAPYRUS is back and bigger than ever! For our third year!
Skydives will be taking place across the UK in April 2023 at Lancaster, Swansea, Hinton and Strathallan.
Skydiving is the ultimate thrill-seeking challenge where you enjoy the exhilarating and unforgettable feeling of flying through the clouds from over 11,000ft at up to 120 mph! You will complete your training and jump in one day, and will be accompanied by a British Parachuting Association instructor who will do all the work while you enjoy the ride!
Parachute for PAPYRUS will be taking place on Saturday 22nd April 2023 – with your time being confirmed once you have registered.
There are four airfields to choose from:
- Lancaster, North-West England
- Hinton, near Oxfordshire
- Swansea, South Wales
- Strathallan, Scotland
There is a £40 registration fee that you must pay when signing up for the Parachute for PAPYRUS day. This fee is non-refundable.
Then you will have to raise a minimum of £395 to fund your skydive and donate vital funds to the prevention of young suicide.
The minimum fundraising amount you must raise to complete your skydive is £395.
You have until May 30th 2023 to raise your minimum fundraising target.
If you do not reach your minimum fundraising target, we may have to reschedule your skydive date.
Our dedicated fundraising team are on hand Monday to Friday to offer professional and helpful advice to help you reach your target.
Our supporters and fundraisers provide a huge part of our income, which helps us reach more people across the UK, and support more young people at risk of suicide. Through fundraising you are also raising vital awareness of PAPYRUS and spreading our message of hope. Thank you.
- Every £5 raised can go towards one call, text, or email to HOPELINEUK and can potentially be life-saving
- It costs £20 for a longer call from a young person living with thoughts of suicide
- £165 covers the cost of training someone ASIST, which is a two day course that prepares caregivers to provide suicide first aid interventions.
By fundraising for PAPYRUS, you really are providing HOPE to young people across the UK.
Simply head to our Parachute for PAPYRUS event page and fill out your details. A member of the team will be in touch with your official registration link within 5 working days.
Each participant is allowed two spectators on the day.
For a tandem skydive you must be at least 16 years old and there are weight restrictions in place.
Please check the event details for your chosen airfield to see a full list of medical requirements.
The principal medical restrictions are diabetes, epilepsy, fits, recurrent blackouts, heart or lung disease, mental illness and some cases of asthma. You will be required to sign a medical form before your jump declaring your fitness to take part – this will be sent to you upon receipt of your booking but is also available on request. Those under the age of 18 will need the medical form signed by a parent or guardian; those with a medical condition, will need it signed by their doctor.
Pre-existing physical conditions will not necessarily prevent you from taking part but please inform Skyline of any physical condition as this may affect the location of your jump. If you are in any doubt then please contact us for further information.