HOPELINEUK advisers want to work with you to understand why thoughts of suicide might be present. They also want to provide you with a safe space to talk through anything happening in your life that could be impacting on your or anyone else’s ability to stay safe.
- For children and young people under the age of 35 who are experiencing thoughts of suicide
- For anyone concerned that a young person could be thinking about suicide
Our advisers are all trained to help you focus on staying safe from suicide. Their training enables them to provide advice and support that may help you to move forward and stay alive.
If you are concerned that a young person is feeling suicidal, advisers can support you to start a conversation about suicide and explore options of how best to support them.
If you are having thoughts of suicide or are concerned for a young person who might be you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice.
- Call: 0800 068 4141
- Text: 07860039967
- Email: email@example.com
9am – midnight every day of the year (Weekends and Bank Holidays included)
Our Suicide prevention advisers are ready to support you.
Who can PAPYRUS HOPELINEUK help?
- Young people, children, family, parents, siblings, partners, carers, grandparents
- Concerned friends: at work, in school, college, university
- GPs, nurses, teachers, school nurses, A&E staff, pastoral staff
- Mental health professionals: CAMHS staff, CPNs, psychiatrists
- Education staff: teachers, lecturers, learning mentors, education social workers
- Police, ambulance staff, prison staff, drug and alcohol services, probation workers
Feedback from HOPELINEUK users
“I’ve just searched online to find the service, this is the best advice I’ve had, and I’m talking about doctors and health professionals. Do you know nobody has just asked me to talk to him; it’s really strange when you think about it – so thank you.”
“Thank you for helping me – no-one has ever helped me this much before.”
“The people at HOPELINEUK are great – I feel understood.”
Further help and advice
This page is for information on the PAPYRUS HOPELINEUK service – visit our HOPELINEUK FAQ section for more information about using the service. For further help and advice, including a full list of resources, visit our help and advice resources page.