Parachute for PAPYRUS
Join PAPYRUS on 10 July 2021 for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and our first ever dedicated skydive day!
Experience the thrill of jumping from 10,000 feet and free-falling at over 120mph in a sponsored tandem skydive to help prevent young suicide.
We have four fabulous locations lined up so as many of you can join us as possible.
- Lancaster, LA2 0DY
- Kent, TN27 9HX
- Swansea, SA2 7JU
- Coleraine, BT51 5LQ
What do I need to do?
You will need to pay a £40 non-refundable registration fee when you register. We will then send you out a welcome pack and be on hand with plenty of fundraising ideas and support to help you hit the
minimum fundraising target
Points to remember:
• Jump and training completed in one day
• Harnessed to an experienced parachute instructor at all times
• Jump from at least 10,000 ft – just like the professionals
• Freefall down to 5,000 ft – falling through the air at 120 mph!
• Ride the parachute down to the ground – we teach you how to steer onto the drop zone
• Landing controlled by your instructor
• Certificate to prove that you have completed a ‘two-mile high’ Tandem Skydive!
What is Parachute for PAPYRUS?
Our Parachute for PAPYRUS day is an amazing chance for you to take part in a tandem skydive. We are working with our long-term partners to deliver a safe, but exciting, day of parachuting.
Skyline Charity Skydiving is the ultimate thrill-seeking challenge where you enjoy the exhilarating and unforgettable feeling of flying through the clouds from over 10,000ft at up to 120 mph! You will complete your training and jump in one day, and will be accompanied by a British Parachuting Association instructor who will do all the work while you enjoy the ride!
When and where is it happening?
The Parachute for PAPYRUS day will be taking place on 10 July 2021 – with your time being confirmed once you have registered.
There are four airfields to choose from – Lancaster, Kent, Swansea and Coleraine
How much does it cost?
There is a £40 registration fee that you must pay when signing up for the Parachute for PAPYRUS day.
Then you will have to raise a minimum of £450 to fund your skydive and donate vital funds to the prevention of young suicide.
Is this event COVID safe?
Skyline have been working hard with all of their registered airfields to ensure that skydives can return in a safe way. Some of the new protocols are below:
- All skydivers (including tandem students) entering the Dropzone will be required to complete a COVID-19 declaration.
- Temperature checks will be in place. Anyone with a temperature over 37.8°C will not be allowed to enter the Dropzone.
- All participants & spectators must wear a face covering. Please bring your own gloves if you wish to wear them.
- All instructors are required to wear a full face helmet.
- Spectators are limited to 2 per participant.
- Safety brief, gearing up & preparation will take place outside, weather permitting.
All participants will be contacted before their jump and made aware of the
requirements they will be expected to follow.
Is there a minimum fundraising target?
The minimum fundraising amount you must raise to complete your skydive is £450.
You have until June 28th to raise your minimum fundraising target.
If you do not reach your minimum fundraising target, we may have to reschedule your skydive date.
Our dedicated fundraising team are on hand Monday to Friday to offer professional and helpful advice to help you reach your target.
How will the money I raise help PAPYRUS?
Our supporters and fundraisers provide a huge part of our income, which helps us reach more people across the UK, and support more young people at risk of suicide. Through fundraising you are also raising vital awareness of PAPYRUS and spreading our message of hope. Thank you.
- Every £5 raised can go towards one call, text, or email to HOPELINEUK and can potentially be life-saving
- It costs £20 for a longer call from a young person living with thoughts of suicide
- £165 covers the cost of training someone ASIST, which is a two day course that prepares caregivers to provide suicide first aid interventions.
By fundraising for PAPYRUS, you really are providing HOPE to young people across the UK.
How do I sign up?
Simply head to our Parachute for PAPYRUS event page and fill out your details. A member of the team will be in touch with your official registration link within 5 working days.
Can family or friends come and watch my skydive?
Each participant is allowed two spectators on the day.
What else do I need to know before I do my skydive?
For a tandem skydive you must be at least 16 years old and there are weight restrictions in place.
- Lancaster and Coleraine – 15st males, 13st females. Max. BMI is 27.5
- Kent and Swansea – 5ft 6 and under: 13st 7, 5ft7 and over: 14st 7
The principal medical restrictions are diabetes, epilepsy, fits, recurrent blackouts, heart or lung disease, mental illness and some cases of asthma. You will be required to sign a medical form before your jump declaring your fitness to take part – this will be sent to you upon receipt of your booking but is also available on request. Those under the age of 18 will need the medical form signed by a parent or guardian; those with a medical condition, will need it signed by their doctor.
Pre-existing physical conditions will not necessarily prevent you from taking part but please inform Skyline of any physical condition as this may affect the location of your jump. If you are in any doubt then please contact us for further information.
I have another question, who can I contact?
If you have another question, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the fundraising team on firstname.lastname@example.org who are more than happy to help.