Training (face to face)
ASIST Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (2 days): A skills building workshop that prepares caregivers to provide suicide first aid interventions.
The key objectives for you to learn to
- To consider personal and societal attitudes to suicide
- To learn the most widely used suicide prevention model in the world
- To recognise, and act on, the signs that someone is having thoughts of suicide
- To seek a shared understanding of the reasons for thoughts of suicide and identify reasons for living
- To review current risk and develop a joint plan to keep someone safe from suicide, signposting for further help and community resources as needed.
Delivery Time: 2 days
Individual Cost: £180
Group Cost: £5000 (minimum 16, max 30 participants) £4500 if the organiser provides the venue.
The Applied Suicide Intervention Training Skills (ASIST) prices are negotiable based on the provision of venue, equipment, refreshments and other factors. Please contact the training team here if you would like to discuss this. Trainer travel expenses may be applicable.