For more accessible content please see below:
To download the About HOPELINE247 document in English and Welsh click HERE.
To download in English ONLY click HERE.
Audio Version – Please click on the section of the leaflet you would like to listen to.
What is HOPELINE247?:
Who can PAPYRUS HOPELINE247 help?:
Text only copy (To translate document please select language options at the top of the webpage)
Suicide the biggest killer of young people in the UK.
Helping children and young people to stay safe from suicide.
If you are having thoughts of suicide or are concerned for a young person who might be you can contact HOPELINE247 for confidential support and practical advice.
Call: 0800 068 4141
Text: 07860 039 967
Our Suicide Prevention Advisers are ready to support you.
What is HOPELINE247?
HOPELINE247 is a confidential support and advice service for:
- Children and young people under the age
of 35 who are experiencing thoughts of
- Anyone concerned that a young person
could be thinking about suicide.
HOPELINE247 advisers want to work with you to understand why these thoughts of suicide might be present. They also want to provide you with a safe space to talk through anything happening in your life that could be impacting on your or anyone else’s ability to stay safe.
Our advisers are all trained to help you focus on staying safe from suicide. Their training
enables them to provide advice and support that may help you to move forward and stay alive.
If you are concerned that a young person is feeling suicidal, advisors can support you to start a conversation about suicide and explore options of how best to support them.
Who can PAPYRUS HOPELINE247 help?
- Young people, children, family, parents, siblings, partners, carers, grandparents.
- Concerned friends: at work, in school, college, university.
- GPs, Nurses, teachers, school nurses, A&E staff, pastoral staff.
- Mental health professionals: CAMHS staff, CPNs, Psychiatrists.
- Education staff: teachers, lecturers, learning mentors, education social workers.
- Police, ambulance staff, prison staff, drug and alcohol services, probation workers.
“I’ve just searched online to find the service, this is the best advice I’ve had, and I’m talking about doctors and health professionals. Do you know nobody has just asked me to talk to him; it’s really strange when you think about it – so thank you.”
“Thank you for helping me – no one has ever helped me this much before. “
“The people at HOPELINE247 are great – I feel understood. “